LonelyTree WordPress Theme

LonelyTree is a theme inspired by the global warming conditions around the world and in part dedicated to the bush fires. I live in Australia and if you have read or heard of the destruction caused by the fire in Australia you will have probably know the impact it has had on various communities and Wildlife.

LonelyTree image

LonelyTree image

I originally designed the LonelyTree as a big image and realized it might look better maybe as a theme which could be shared by blogger to reflect the urgent attention need to save guard our precious future. The LonelyTree image is a compilation of many brushes which can be found on deviantart.com you can check them out at http://www.gauson.com/blog/2009/11/01/lonelytree-artwork/

LonelyTree a wordpress theme

LonelyTree a wordpress theme

Demo link

If you have any suggestion as regarding the theme or any ideas please feel free to leave a comment.

Download LonelyTree Wordpress Theme Version 1.9

Updated on 12/11/2009

==LonelyTree WordPress Theme Changelog ==

12/11/2009 – v1.9
Minor changes to functions.php file
Added threaded comment and trackback/pings

02/10/2009 – v1.8
Fixed the excessive category error

14/9/2009 – v1.7
Fixed the width
Fixed the footer background issue for IE8

11/6/2009 – v1.6
Added author tag with link to post
Added categories menu and drop down sub menu
Added main menu to the top of the page
Modified the header menu code
Made the header image smaller
Made changes to the code so that translation could be done more easily
Removed the lavalamp menu style from the template
Made major changes to the comments.php file
Fixed the footer margins
Fixed the search page error

04/5/2009 – v1.5
Fixed the readmore link
Fixed container div on IE6
Fixed the footer margin

31/3/2009 – v1.4
Added option for logo
Added optional flexible width layout
Added Theme options
Fixed search input field
Added main menu navigation seperate from the sidebar navigation

14/3/2009 – v1.3
Added seperate changelog file
Fixed the 404 page
Removed a redundant pages tag in the single post section
Fixed the pages section where the comments were not appearing
Fixed alignment problem in the post and pages sections where two image floats would cause the post’s footer to distort (thanks to Peter for bring it up)
Fixed sidebar alignment problem where the heading looked chopped off (thanks to Peter for bring it up)

8/3/2009  – v1.2
Modified the li, ul alignment issues
Modified the search bar images
Add the calendar widget in the sidebar
Modified the calendar widget css code
Fixed the spacing between paragraphs (Thanks to syrlinus for bringing it to my attention)

4/3/2009  – v1.1
made change to function.php file so it does not breaks output buffering

3/3/2009  – Intial release 1.0

This entry was posted in Freebie, Theme and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

138 Responses to LonelyTree WordPress Theme

1. aquariumfish says:

Can I ask, were dis you get that Tag Cloud from used on your site here?

2. aquariumfish says:

Sorry forgot to ask above. I’m using this theme and think it’s very good. But I have a question though. The images called “menubar.pnp” that used as a border at the top of th content page.

what code would I need to add to the CSS file to get that same image also displayed at the bottom of the page as well. I can use Adobe photoshop to flip that menubar image so it can be used for the footer also. But I don’t know what to add to get it displayed in the CSS file. I’ve tried playing around to get it working by adding to the footer in the CSS, but I need some advice from you to do it

3. G's Blog says:

You can find the tag clouds plugin at

As for your menubar.png:

Add the following code to the #footer in your css file
    background:url(images/menubar.png) repeat-x top;

4. Martie says:

Just wanted to say thanks for this theme. I love it!

5. Linus says:

Love the theme. I’m curious, however, as to why there is no spacing allowed between paragraphs, even when the BR tag is applied? It makes long posts look a little too wordy and having that break between paragraphs would be nice.

• G's Blog says:

Thanks for pointing the bug out to me, I have made the changes in the upcoming release along with some other changes. You can download the latest version now.

6. Peter says:

Nice Theme.
    I had two problems. One I managed to solve all by my self (without knowing anything about css :-)

1, The heading for the sidebar (right aligned) can look a bit chopped of.
    A small padding took care of that.

2, My other problem is with aligned images in posts or pages. If the image is higher
    than the text around it the “post footer” can end up next to the image instead of
    under it. I have experimented with “clear:both” on a few places in the file but so
    far nothing has really helped.
    Is this a problem with the theme or is it a more general problem?

• G's Blog says:

Thanks for bringing to my attention the sidebar problem. I have fixed that for the upcoming version. However I could not replicate the error you are facing (the image and the text with the post footer) so if you want can you please email me the link at info [at] gauson.com.

7. Caleb says:

This theme is awesome! Thanks!
    I just have one question: can I erase/change the favicon?

• G's Blog says:

Yes you can change or erase the favicon if you want it can be found in the header.php
      <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/images/favicon.ico">

8. joseph says:

We used your theme for our website but we made some modifications. Now one problem that we have been having is that when you enter into a post to read, there is no link to click to get to the home page, how do you create the header logo (the tree image) into a link to go back to the home page. Help needed asap.

thank you, amazing theme design.

• G's Blog says:

You can insert the code below after in the template files which already have the container mentioned.

<div id="menu-pages">
      <ul>
      <li><a href="<?php bloginfo('siteurl');? rel="nofollow">/">Home</a></li> <?php wp_list_pages('title_li=&depth=1&sort_column=menu_order'); ?>
      </ul>
      </div>

and you will need to add the following code in the css file.

#menu-pages {

}

#menu-pages ul li:hover {
      border-bottom: 3px solid #167dc4;
      }

Hope this helps

9. joseph says:

I have entered long code into the css but I don’t have any idea where to put the other code on top at. Do I insert it in the Header.php? I apologize for my lack intelligence when it comes to web codes.

10. David Stark says:

This theme positively radiates good karma :)

11. joseph says:

thank you. you are a saint.

12. Webkatalog says:

Thank you for your help!

13. Pingback: web site updates @ Taste & See

14. Linus says:

Additional comment/bug: word wrap around pictures doesn’t work. :(

15. warnie says:

Hi, using the theme for http://www.mudrooroo.com and love the theme, especially due to the obvious Australian connection. I wondered if in a future release it was possible to have page bars along the top (in the black under the tree image)? many thanks

16. Demelza says:

I’m using your theme as a template and wondered how I might be able to change the colors to a burgundy theme? I’ve managed to do most of it in the code, but I can’t figure out how to change the green ‘floater’ over the ‘Home’ and ‘About’ links. Where can I find that code to change the color?

Also, how do I replace the text that says ‘Just another WordPress weblog’ to something more applicable to my site?

Thanks! Awesome job on the site :o)

17. Sav says:

Hey,
    This theme is awesome. My wife loves it and is using it for her blog. One issue we are having is that the pages in the top nav don’t seem to get re-ordered using the ‘Page Order’ field. I’ve even tried WordPress plugins and the menu is ordering them in a fixed order (not alphabetical, and not chronological). Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue.
    Thanks again for a great theme.

18. Anthony says:

Hello and thank you for your wonderful theme.
    Im using your theme for my community and it looks great for me and my friends. However, is there any way i can change the font size for the test to be a little bigger , background color and put my logo on top.

I have gone through your codes for reinstalling and i could not figure out.

19. Eduardo says:

Hi,
    the backgroud (div.container) doesn’t work in Intenet Explorer 6.0.

is there some solution?

20. Fel says:

Hi, I like the theme very much but I have slight problem. It doesn’t show the author of the article. In my site i have 2 authors, me and my friend. Is there a way to add this function?

• G' Blog says:

yes simply add to the template files where you would like the authors name to appear. or simply wait for the next release which should be out within a day or two.

21. teo says:

hi, your theme is wonderful. I used it to design a website for my classmates. I didn’t see any info about rights. Can I edit it freely? I changed a few things. like I removed the page links from the horizontal bar, cause I had many pages. I changed font-size and font-family.

22. Matty says:

Hi,

I love this theme, and quite fancy a special tweaked version, but I couldn’t find a way to contact you to see if the modifications are allowed under the license, or to see if you’d be interested in doing the modifications for a one off theme

23. pimento says:

Hi there. Love the theme, I’d like to use it for something I’m cooking up but I’d like to tweak it just a little and I was wondering if you could give me some tips. First thing is that the name of the site in the header image is coming up with a capitalised first letter, even though it’s in the options in all lowercase, is this possible to avoid? Secondly I’d like to add some links to the navigation bar (home, about, other page, etc) to external sites, how would I do that? I’m fine to just put it in the header.php file (or whichever one is appropriate) and manually edit as required, I just wanted to kow the syntax I’d have to use if possible.

Thanks!

24. G' Blog says:

Remove the code in your css file find for ( the text-transform: capitalize; in #logo h1 a )

there are few link plugins out there that you can install on your wordpress which will allow you to customize your menu links or you can hard code the links to make it even simpler if you know how.

25. geekydad says:

I love the theme and decided to use it for my blog.
    Its interesting to read the inspiration behind the header image.
    I changed it up a little bit to fit my own preferences. If you want check it out. ( and of course if you want it, just grab it.)
    Thanks for making such a great, simple theme.